Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Muslims

Let me make one thing clear - those Muslims who are guilty of persecuting Christians and using violence against them are a small minority.

The vast majority of Muslims are like any other group of people - some good, some bad and most of them somewhere in the middle - in other words, just like you and me and all the people we know.

While I was brought up in a very devout Christian environment, I do not want to deceive you into thinking that I'm a practising Christian. Most people would probably describe me as an agnostic, however, I remember enough from my upbringing to ask - and answer - the following question:-

What would Jesus say? He would say "Love thy neighbour" - and you don't need me to tell you that "thy neighbour" includes every Islamist who hates our culture, our religion and everything it stands for. It also includes every suicide bomber who is willing to send as many innocents to hell as he can so that he can take a short-cut to paradise.

Christianity isn't easy.

As you read my posts, at the very least, try not to feel malice or hatred for those that persecute and attack Christians (and other non-Muslims). If you do, remember that you are descending to their level.

This does not, however, mean that we do nothing. We can:-

  • support organizations that help Christians in countries where they are a minority.
  • bring the persecution of Christians in these countries to the attention of others.
  • pray for those Christians that are being persecuted for their faith.
  • pray for those Muslims that persecute Christians, that they may realise that this is not God's will.
I'm sure it would help the victims of persecution just to know that other people in the world know and care about their suffering and are praying for them.

No comments: